We are looking for a skilled WordPress developer who has extensive experience in WordPress and PHP. This is a remote position, reporting to the Senior IT Manager. You will need a home office with reliable Internet.
You must have a proven record to demonstrate efficient and effective use of:
- Plugins; (Creation is preferred)
- Linux (this is the server we are hosted on)
Apply if you are able to:
- Build wordpress themes from scratch;
- Alter prebuilt themes;
- Integrate apis from 3rd party tools;
- Fix bugs; and
- Work in quick and concise manner.
You must be confident to work under pressure, communicate daily and, at times, to tight deadlines.
- Maintaining 3-5 websites on an ongoing basis
- Working with the senior developer to build/rebuild sites per requirements
- Quality checking all of your coding and work
- Suggesting technological solutions to gaps within processes or platforms
- Work effectively with diverse personnel at various levels of the organization, developing productive working relationships with staff and key contacts in various teams
- Contribute to a professional, proactive, collaborative culture within PC and work effectively with diverse personnel at various levels of the organization, developing productive working relationships with staff and key contacts in different functions.
- Work with coordinators on task assignments and provide daily updates from team members
- Conduct daily scrum calls with the team to track tasks, discuss concerns and find solutions
- Respond to emails and assign tasks to team members as required
- Actively contribute towards a culture of team collaboration, focused on quality and continuous improvement through streamlining processes, communication lines to ensure simplicity, consistency and clarity
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
Desired Candidate Profile
- 3 – 5 years WordPress/PHP experience;
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, use initiative and priorities tasks and meet deadlines in a demanding high-volume environment with excellent attention to detail and commitment to quality assurance
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, flexibly and collaboratively with colleagues within and beyond the immediate work unit to achieve team and organizational objectives
- Highly organized, with an ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure;
- Excellent communication skills to complete the tasks required of you;
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing projects while working remotely;
- a self-reliant and positive attitude, with strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Demonstrated ability to infer meaningful insights from a collection of data
- Excellent problem-solving ability